Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. At UT Southwestern, we invest in you with opportunities for career growth and development that align with your future goals and help to provide security for you and your family. Our highly competitive benefits package offers healthcare, PTO and paid holidays, on-site childcare, wage, merit increases and so much more that are all available on the day you start work. UT Southwestern is honored to be a Veteran Friendly work environment that is home to approximately 800 veterans. We value your integrity, dedication, and the commitment you’ve made to our country. We’re proud to support your next mission. Ranked by Forbes as one of the Top 10 National Employers, we invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is hiring for Senior Financial Analyst, McDermott Center Human Growth/Dev
The McDermott Center provides expertise and resources for clinicians and basic scientists to identify genes and sequence variations that contribute to human diseases and traits. If your career ambitions include working with world leaders in genetic research, we have an opening for a bright, energetic Senior Financial Analyst to work and grow their career proving financial and grant support to our outstanding faculty and core facilities.
- Prepares financial models and conducts financial analyses on Center cores.
- Assists Center Administrator in developing annual operating budget for the Center in Adaptive; provides cost and revenue forecasting using current and historical data. Assists Center Administrator with grant revenue forecasting.
- Provides guidance to PIs for grant proposal development and submission by interpreting sponsor and university announcements and guidelines on application preparation. Prepares budgets for all submissions, ensuring salary and fringe benefit costs are accurate. Submits grants into eGrants and works with SPA to ensure timely submission to sponsor. May also work in outside portals such as Proposal Central and CPRIT.
- Performs Pre-Award Coordination by analyzing requests for pre-award spending in advance of receiving awards; advised all concerned parties of their responsibilities in meeting special award requirements and process requests in eGrants as needed.
- Provides Post-Award Coordination support to researchers by processing awards, interpreting award terms & conditions, and obtaining approvals for award changes, progress reports, transfers, and close-outs. Process requests in eGrants. Primary liaison with SPA Accounting to ensure timely award and/or contract set up and closeout.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other related field and four (4) years progressively responsible experience in finance and/or accounting with experience in planning, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Completes variety of complex monthly financial management reports and reviews all reports for errors and inconsistencies; analyzes variations in forecasts and actual performance; determines reasons for variance; develops recommendations for improvement; completes written summaries of financial data.
- Prepares and/or supervises preparation of monthly financial reports, schedules for annual financial reports, and reports to various government agencies, ensuring conformance of such reports with applicable procedures and regulations of University of Texas System and Federal and State agencies.
- Identifies areas of poor performance, presents findings, and makes recommendations to upper management.
- Prepares financial models and conducts financial analyses.
- May maintain controls for policies and procedures for financial system; develops and maintains delegation of authority of various procedures, such as check requests, refunds, invoice approval, bad debt write-offs, etc.
- Completes more complex special projects as requested.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status.
To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion
Click here to view more benefits information.
- PPO and ACO Options
- 100% Coverage for Preventative Health − No Co-Pay
- Tobacco-Free Incentives
- Generous Prescription Drug Plan
- 3 Options for Dental Coverage
- 2 Options for Vision Coverage
- Abundance of Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
(Eligibility varies by employment status)
- The Teacher Retirement System of Texas is a defined benefit plan with 5-year vesting
- Optional Tax-Sheltered Annuity
- Optional Deferred Compensation Plan
- 13 Paid Holidays, Eligible Day 1
- 8 Hours/Month Accrued Vacation
- 8 Hours/Month Accrued Sick Leave
- On-Site Day Care
- Employee Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Group Life Coverage
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
Working at UTSW
Bring Your “A” Game.
Why are top candidates in so many professional fields – including customer service, finance, and human resources, to name a few – choosing UT Southwestern Medical Center as a career home? Simple. They know that they will work among a team of people who bring their best every day to support a health organization that’s breaking new ground in dozens of ways. That’s what we can offer you.
It takes a lot to keep UT Southwestern at the forefront, where world-class patient care, acclaimed medical education, and innovative research breakthroughs are common occurrences. When you join us, those are the challenges you’ll share. Our organization has taken on serious commitments and responsibilities within a rapidly evolving health care system.
Change is a constant, so our work supporting this complex matrix of business and systems needs must rise to the highest level of professionalism, collaboration, and innovation. That’s true for every role across the Medical Center and represents why this can be the most challenging work of your career.
As an expert in the field of finance and accounting, I have extensive knowledge and experience in planning, forecasting, and financial analysis. With a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field, and over four years of progressively responsible experience in finance, I have proven expertise in completing complex financial management reports, conducting financial analyses, and developing financial models.
In regards to the article about the Senior Financial Analyst position at UT Southwestern Medical Center's McDermott Center Human Growth/Dev, I would like to provide information related to the concepts mentioned.
Financial Models: The Senior Financial Analyst at the McDermott Center is responsible for preparing financial models. These models involve the analysis of financial data and the development of projections and forecasts. By utilizing these models, the analyst can assess the financial health and performance of the Center's core facilities.
Financial Analyses: The Senior Financial Analyst conducts financial analyses on the Center's cores. These analyses involve the examination of financial data, such as revenues, costs, and expenses, to identify patterns, trends, and variations. This analysis helps in making informed decisions and recommendations for improving financial performance.
Operating Budget: The Center Administrator, with the assistance of the Senior Financial Analyst, develops the annual operating budget for the McDermott Center. This budget is created using Adaptive, a financial planning software, and involves cost and revenue forecasting based on current and historical data. The budgeting process ensures the allocation of resources and financial stability for the Center.
Grant Support: The Senior Financial Analyst provides financial and grant support to the Center's faculty and core facilities. This includes guiding Principal Investigators (PIs) in grant proposal development and submission. The analyst interprets sponsor and university guidelines and prepares accurate budgets for grant submissions. They also collaborate with the Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) to ensure timely submission of grants and compliance with sponsor requirements.
Pre-Award and Post-Award Coordination: The Senior Financial Analyst performs pre-award coordination by analyzing requests for pre-award spending and advising concerned parties on meeting special award requirements. They also process awards, interpret award terms and conditions, and obtain approvals for award changes, progress reports, transfers, and close-outs. This coordination ensures efficient and effective financial management of grants and contracts.
In conclusion, the Senior Financial Analyst position at UT Southwestern's McDermott Center requires expertise in financial modeling, financial analysis, budgeting, grant support, and pre/post-award coordination. With my extensive experience and knowledge in these areas, I am confident in my ability to excel in this role and contribute to the success of the McDermott Center.