Can you feel the love tonight? For the hopeless romantic at heart, a Valentine’s Day party will be the perfect celebration this February. When planning your love-filled celebration, these Valentine’s Day party ideas will add a bit of passion and fire to your event.
Whether you love it or hate it, everyone can at least enjoy all the yummy treats and Valentine’s Day party entertainment! It doesn’t matter if you’re single or taken, this Valentine’s Day celebration is all about all types of love.
Here are 26 Valentine's Day party ideas to help celebrate love this year:
If singing isn't reall your thing, but you still want to serenade your loved ones with a heartfelt message, a singing telegram is the way to go. Your guests will enjoy watching these performers as they put a fun twist on your proclamation of love.
Whether it's directed at someone special during your celebration or a message for all your attendees, they are sure to know how you truly feel about them by the end of the telegram performance.
Find a Singing Telegram
When setting the scene for any romantic event, music is an integral component. With the light sounds of the piano and saxophone, jazz music will help create a relaxing mood for your guests to socialize. Listen to all your favorite classics from Louis Armstrong to Ella Fitzgerald, and Billie Holiday to Frank Sinatra. Whether you want a calm, smooth song for a slow dance or a snazzy upbeat number, jazz bands can be the perfect soundtrack to your celebration.
Find a Jazz Band
Bring in a DJ after your live band to end your party on a more lively note. Your chosen DJ will be able to play all the best tracks to keep your guests dancing for the rest of the night. Whether you're into techno beats or want to jam out to the current chart-topping hits, they can play it for you. Let them customize their music to your taste while you watch them create a superb late-night atmosphere for your event.
Find a DJ
Photo: 321 Photo Booth (Custom Props)
You know your guests will want to remember your party for years to come, so why don’t you add a fun photo booth to help give them mementos from the night? With a few Valentine’s Day-themed props and backdrops, guests will be able to pose and capture some gorgeous or hilarious pictures. You can snap a silly group shot or take cute images with your significant other in the photo booth, giving you images you can keep in your wallet forever.
Find a Photo Booth
For a Valentine’s Day party activity for kids, you can let their creativity shine by making heartfelt cards for their valentine. These crafts can be given to a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, or even a secret crush. With some construction paper, colored markers, and a bit of glue and glitter, little ones will be able to show their love through their beautiful creations.
Cupid’s Arrow Toss
Photo: Regina M art/shutterstock.com
Cupid's Arrow Toss is a fun, competitive game that you can set up for kids. It’s also affordable and requires minimal materials! All you have to do is get 6 paper plates and number them from 1-6. To make the arrows, you will need a straw and some cut-out arrow shapes to glue together.
Once you have created your arrows, set up the paper plates in a bowling pin formation and try tossing your arrow onto the plate with the highest number. Each player has three arrows, meaning they have three chances to land their arrow to get the most points.
For more details on the game, you can follow this article by Playground Parkbench.
Heart to Heart
Photo: Kristina Igumnova26
Participants of all ages can get behind this next game called Heart to Heart. It involves teams of two players, and the objective is to race to the other side of the room while keeping a balloon balanced on each other's chests, aka “hearts.”
If the contestants touch the balloon with their hands or let it fall to the ground, they must start from the beginning. To make the game an extra bit more special, you can use red or pink heart-shaped balloons!
Guess the Chocolates
Want an excuse to eat more chocolate? Well, you can with a game of Guess the Chocolates! Gather your guests around and let them pick out and guess the flavor of random pieces of chocolate.
They might accidentally pull out their favorite filling or choose a flavor they hate. Whatever fate has in store for them, everyone can at least enjoy watching the various funny facial reactions.
Entertainment for your party that’s more targeted toward teens and adults would be a speed dating game. Although the game is called speed dating, it doesn’t have to be only for singles; it can be for anyone wanting to make new friends.
To start, set up tables around the room that will fit two people. Then, get all your guests to sit on a chair beside a table and talk to the other person for 5 minutes. Once the time is up, everyone on the right-hand side of the table will stay in their chair while the other gets up and moves to the next person.
After the speed dating has finished, hopefully, people would’ve met new friends or possibly their special someone!
Romantic Movie Night
Photo: Kuznetsov Dmitriy/shutterstock.com
Set up an outdoor or indoor movie screening area. Choose romantic movies or rom-coms and have cozy blankets and pillows available. You can’t have a movie night without popcorn and candy. Have a popcorn and candy bar set up for guests to grab their favorites.
Wine Tasting Party
Host a wine tasting party with different types of wines as well as cheese and charcuterie boards. You can set up some wine and cheese pairings to help guests move through the tastings.
Pro Tip: Check out these wine tasting party ideas and tips.
Photo: Monkey Business Images/shutterstock.com
Set up a romantic picnic in your backyard or a local park. Use things like cozy blankets, fairy lights, and candles for a Valentine’s Day ambiance. Don’t forget to pack a picnic basket with Valentine’s Day themed treats.
Pro Tip: Check out these picnic party ideas and tips.
Photo: Jacob Lund/shutterstock.com
Hire a Karaoke DJ and request they have a selection of love songs ready to go. Party guests will have a blast singing their favorite romantic (or possibly break-up) tunes.
More Valentine’s Day Party Ideas
Photo: Ev Thomas/shutterstock.com
Flowers are not only a beautiful gift to receive, but you can use them to decorate your event space. In the season of love, roses are the most common type of flower that you will see everywhere. Although red roses symbolize love, you can throw a Valentine’s Day-theme party with a variety of colors!
Have them incorporated into centerpieces on tables, or for a lovely touch, take the rose petals and scatter them on the floor.
Photo: Africa Studio/shutterstock.com
When creating an intimate ambiance in your event venue, you don’t want bright overhead lights to ruin the mood. To help with this, you can adorn the area with many candles and tealights. If you want to prevent having too many candles burning at the same time, there are battery-powered options available.
Why not go all out and dedicate yourself to the Valentine’s Day theme by having everything heart-shaped? From balloons and buntings to chocolates and festive plates, anything you desire can probably be made into a heart.
Depending on what you want, you can buy these plates in either plastic or porcelain. Use them for dishing up your party meal or put them on tables with mouth watering sweets and treats—the possibilities are endless.
Valentine Photo Backdrop
Photo: Inspiration GP/shutterstock.com
If you have a keen eye for decorating and love a good photo opportunity, you can create your own elaborate backdrop for insta-worthy images! All you have to do is find a quiet corner in your event space and get creative.
Some ideas to help you get started on your backdrop can be hanging V-Day-inspired paper streamers with balloons placed at the top to make a border outline for your pictures. For an added touch, you can make cut-out shapes and words for your guests to hold up as they snap their perfect shot.
Photo: Sofia Zhuravetc/shutterstock.com
Stand out from the crowd and wear a seductive red lip with your party attire. This bold lip color looks great on all skin tones and is known for increasing confidence levels. Valentine’s Day is not only about your adoration for others but also about self-love. So, show some love by giving back to yourself and apply that red lipstick for an instant boost of confidence.
Classic Love Songs
Photo: Supachita Krerkkaiwan/shutterstock.com
Every great party needs music. If live music isn’t an option, stream a playlist full of classic love songs in the background. Play this Valentine’s Day music playlist off Spotify and set up a wireless speaker for easy set up.
Valentine’s Day Party Food Ideas
Photo: Pix Lab/shutterstock.com
If you're hosting a large party and you're unsure of what food to serve guests, pizza is always a good answer. However, why stick to the traditional circle pizza when you can have a heart-shaped one instead?
Not only does it taste amazing, but the heart shape will put a smile on all your guests' faces. So if you love pizza, let pizza show its love back with an adorably-yummy heart. Get creative with toppings for a fun Valentine’s Day pizza party!
Photo: Jiri Hera/shutterstock.com
There’s something about Italian food that makes the heart grow fonder. Other than pizza, another Italian-inspired food option that will spark romance in the air can be pasta. It doesn’t matter if it’s a classic spaghetti bolognese, spicy penne arrabbiata, or a creamy carbonara, you and your party-goers will definitely fall head over heels for a bite.
Bonus points if you experience your own Lady and the Tramp moment with your delicious pasta.
Photo: Arina P Habich/shutterstock.com
When you think of Valentine’s Day, it’s hard not to mention the abundance of chocolates and the various sweets that are stocked up on every shop shelf. A classic chocolatey treat that will always remain a staple in the season of love is chocolate-covered strawberries. This two-ingredient snack will satisfy your sweet tooth while giving you a healthy kick of vitamin C.
Candy and Chocolates
It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without some sweets! Have classic candies like conversation hearts and assorted chocolates on display at tables. Not only will party guests enjoy the treats, they’ll also double as party decorations.
Valentine’s Day Party Drink Ideas
Wine and Champagne
For a romantic occasion, what’s more fitting than the drink of love? When it comes to wine and champagne, there’s something delightful about popping open a bottle and pouring a glass that exudes sophistication and romance.
Whether it’s the vibrant smell and taste or the intimate toasting of glasses, wine and champagne helps add a flirtatious flair to any celebration. So, at your Valentine’s Day-themed party, keep the bottles open and raise a glass to a wonderful night.
Pink and Red Cocktails
Photo: Sokor Space/shutterstock.com
If wine isn’t your drink of choice, cocktails are a great alternative! Guests can sip their favorite fruity cocktail at your party while socializing with friends. For the Valentine’s Day themed celebration, you can make specialty cocktails to match the occasion.
Put a spell on your guests with this delicious love potion punch! In a large bowl, mix together orange, pineapple, and cranberry juice with limeade and lemonade concentrate. To finish it off, top with ginger ale, club soda, and garnish with some fresh-cut strawberries or cranberries. You can top with champagne or prosecco for an adult beverage, and also add a sugar rim to some champagne flutes.
Find even more Valentine’s Day party ideas and inspiration here on The Bash.
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
As an expert and enthusiast, I have personal experiences or emotions, but I can provide you with information on the concepts mentioned in this article. Here's a breakdown of the different concepts and ideas related to Valentine's Day parties:
Valentine's Day Party Ideas:
- Singing Telegram: A singing telegram is a performance where a person delivers a message or sings a song to someone in a creative and entertaining way. It can be a fun way to express love and appreciation during a Valentine's Day party [].
- Jazz Band: Hiring a jazz band can create a relaxing and romantic atmosphere for your Valentine's Day party. Jazz music, with its light sounds of the piano and saxophone, can be a perfect soundtrack for socializing and dancing [].
- DJ: Bringing in a DJ after a live band can keep the party lively and ensure that guests keep dancing throughout the night. DJs can play a variety of music genres based on your preferences [].
- Photo Booth: Setting up a photo booth at your Valentine's Day party can provide a fun activity for guests to capture memories. With Valentine's Day-themed props and backdrops, guests can take silly or cute pictures with their loved ones [].
- Valentine's Cards: Making Valentine's Day cards can be a creative and heartfelt activity, especially for kids. Guests can use construction paper, colored markers, glue, and glitter to create personalized cards for their loved ones [].
- Cupid's Arrow Toss: Cupid's Arrow Toss is a competitive game where players try to toss arrows onto numbered paper plates. It can be a fun and affordable game for kids at a Valentine's Day party [].
- Heart to Heart: Heart to Heart is a game where teams of two players race to the other side of the room while keeping a balloon balanced on their chests. It can be a fun and engaging game for participants of all ages [].
- Guess the Chocolates: Guess the Chocolates is a game where guests pick out random pieces of chocolate and try to guess the flavor. It can be a fun activity that involves tasting and guessing different chocolates [].
- Speed Dating: Speed dating is a game where participants have short conversations with each other to make new friends or potentially find a romantic connection. It can be a targeted entertainment option for teens and adults at a Valentine's Day party [].
- Romantic Movie Night: Setting up an outdoor or indoor movie screening area and choosing romantic movies or rom-coms can create a cozy and romantic atmosphere for your Valentine's Day party. Providing popcorn and candy can enhance the movie-watching experience [].
- Wine Tasting Party: Hosting a wine tasting party with different types of wines, cheese, and charcuterie boards can be a sophisticated and enjoyable activity for guests. Pairing wines with different cheeses can enhance the tasting experience [].
- Picnic Party: Setting up a romantic picnic in your backyard or a local park can create a relaxed and intimate atmosphere for your Valentine's Day celebration. Cozy blankets, fairy lights, and Valentine's Day-themed treats can add to the ambiance [].
- Karaoke Night: Hiring a Karaoke DJ and having a selection of love songs ready can provide entertainment for guests who enjoy singing. It can be a fun and interactive activity for a Valentine's Day party [].
Valentine's Day Party Decor and Themes:
- Flower Decor: Using flowers, particularly roses, can add a romantic touch to your event space. Roses can be incorporated into centerpieces or scattered as rose petals on the floor [].
- Romantic Candles: Using candles and tealights can create an intimate ambiance for your Valentine's Day party. Battery-powered candles can be used as an alternative to traditional candles [].
- Heart-Shaped Plates: Using heart-shaped plates can add a festive touch to your Valentine's Day party. They can be used for serving meals or displaying sweets and treats [].
- Valentine Photo Backdrop: Creating a photo backdrop with Valentine's Day-inspired decorations can provide a fun and Instagram-worthy spot for guests to take pictures [].
- Red Lipstick: Wearing red lipstick can be a bold and confident choice for your Valentine's Day party attire. It can add a touch of glamour and self-expression [].
- Classic Love Songs: Playing a playlist of classic love songs in the background can enhance the romantic atmosphere of your Valentine's Day party. It can create a nostalgic and enjoyable musical backdrop for the event [].
Valentine's Day Party Food and Drink Ideas:
- Heart Pizza: Serving heart-shaped pizzas can be a fun and creative food option for your Valentine's Day party. It can add a festive touch to the menu and put a smile on your guests' faces [].
- Pasta: Serving various types of pasta dishes can be a delicious and romantic food option for your Valentine's Day party. Classic Italian pasta dishes can evoke a sense of romance and indulgence [].
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries: Chocolate-covered strawberries are a classic and popular treat during the Valentine's Day season. They can be a sweet and indulgent addition to your party's dessert options [].
- Candy and Chocolates: Displaying classic candies like conversation hearts and assorted chocolates can add a festive touch to your Valentine's Day party. They can serve as both treats and decorations [].
- Wine and Champagne: Serving wine and champagne can be a fitting choice for a romantic occasion like a Valentine's Day party. They can add sophistication and elegance to the celebration [].
- Pink and Red Cocktails: Creating specialty cocktails in pink and red colors can match the Valentine's Day theme of your party. Fruity cocktails can be a refreshing and flavorful option for guests [].
- Love Potion: Making a love potion punch with a mix of juices, ginger ale, and garnishes can be a fun and flavorful drink option for your Valentine's Day party. It can be served with or without alcohol [].
These are just some of the ideas and concepts related to Valentine's Day parties. I hope this information helps you plan a memorable and enjoyable celebration!